Rules may be created to automatically assign a check-in request to a user.
Note: Auto-Assignment Rules apply to the Kiosk only.
- Rule Type: Select rule based on customer's first name, last name, or service selected.
- Condition: Conditions indicate what the rule should examine to determine if it qualifies.
- Equal to Condition 1: The rule will compare the selected rule type against the value in the Condition 1 field. If there is an exact match, the rule will trigger its action.
- Between Condition 1 and Condition 2: The rule will compare the selected rule type against the values in Condition 1 and Condition 2. If the value is equal to, or greater than, Condition 1 and equal to, or less than, Condition 2 the rule will trigger its action. Example: If comparing customer last name, where Condition 1 is set to A, and Condition 2 is set to H, any name beginning with A through H will qualify for this rule.
- Condition 1 & 2 Value Fields: Condition 1 & 2 fields are alpha-only and may contain up to three letters.
- Assign to User: The check-in request is assigned to the selected user. Important! This will override Requested Employee field in the kiosk.
- Status: The status enables or disables the rule being used in LobbyCentral.
Creating an Auto-Assignment Rule
- Go to > Tools > Administration > Auto-Assignment Rules.
- Select New Rule.
- Create the Rule Name.
- Select a Location.
- Choose the Rule Type.
- Choose the Rule Condition.
- Select Condition 1.
- Select Condition 2.
- Assign default user.
- Assign user #2 (optional). If the default user's status is Logged Out, Away, or at Lunch, then check-in will be assigned to user #2. If both users are unavailable, the request will be assigned to 'First Available.'
- Click Save.