Decrypting the LobbyCentral Service configuration file
Beginning with LobbyCentral On-Premise version 6.2.2, the LobbyCentralService.exe.config file is automatically encrypted for enhanced security. When the service is started in Windows Service, the program checks the file's encryption status. If the file is not encrypted, LobbyCentral will encrypt the file. Once the file is encrypted it is no longer readable.
If you need to update the lobbycentralservice.exe.config file, for example, to change the database server, you will need to take the following steps:
1. Download the file that is attached to this post.
2. Open the file in a text editor and fill in your database server information.
- <add key="dataSource" value="YOUR_DB_SERVER"/>
- <add key="dbName" value="lobbyCentral"/>
- <add key="userID" value="DB_USERNAME"/>
- <add key="password" value="DB_PASSWORD"/>
- <add key="trustedConnection" value="false"/>
3. Save the file to c:\program files\fuhr software\lobbycentral\server and overwrite the existing version.
4. Go to Windows Services and restart the LobbyCentral Server service.
5. After the service starts, verify that the file has been encrypted.