Should I use Cloud or On-Premise?
LobbyCentral cloud-based software is hosted on our server in a data center. All that is needed to access your account is an internet connection and a compliant web browser. This means you can access LobbyCentral from anywhere in the world.
The benefits to cloud based system are:
- No software or hardware to install or maintain.
- Accessible from anywhere internet is available.
- Convenient pay-as-you go, cancel anytime subscription.
- Comes ready to run.
The Cloud solution is ideal for businesses that need a check-in system for one or two departments. If you have multiple locations, or need a check-in system for a large number of departments, you will need the On-Premise solution.
With the on-premise solution, the LobbyCentral software and database, are installed on your local server. On-Premise is licensed for a one-time fee, or annual subscription. The primary difference between the cloud and an on-premise license, is that with on-premise you are licensed by location with unlimited queues.
Because the software is installed on your server, you will need to purchase an Annual Maintenance subscription to receive technical support and software updates.
The benefits to an on-premise system are:
- Enhanced and controlled security. The data and software are behind the company firewall.
- Licensed by location, not queues.
- API access license available to integrate LobbyCentral with other systems.
- Enhanced kiosk features such as Content Pages.
On-Premise is ideal for businesses that need control of the LobbyCentral data, to comply with laws or local policy, have multiple locations, or locations that have more than one department.
Please contact email@example.com if you have additional questions, about which solution is right for your business.