How do I solve hanging issues?
LobbyCentral is a web-based application that uses a web browser to perform functions. It is important that end-users use a supported web browser when accessing the application to avoid potential issues. Please note that browsers that do not appear in the Support Browser List will not be supported.
Please click here to see the list of Supported Browsers.
Below is a list of the most common browser issues:
LobbyCentral says that Compatibility View Mode is On
Internet Explorer introduced a feature after IE 7 that allowed the browser to run as IE 6, to work with websites that were not yet modernized. Unfortunately, this has a reverse effect with HTML5 websites and applications which will often break the site.
To use Internet Explorer with LobbyCentral, you must turn off the Compatibility View Mode. Please see this article for instructions on how to disable this feature.
LobbyCentral hangs with the message, 'Please Wait' or Authenticating
If the browser does not respond when performing an action in LobbyCentral, this can indicate that an error has occurred, there was a temporary loss in connection to the application, or there was an issue with the browser or PC.
- Verify that you are using a Supported Web Browser.
- Clear your browser's cache. For steps on how to clear the cache, please visit http://refreshyourcache.com/en/windows/ and select the browser that you are using
Connection loss can be caused by one or more of the following:
- Connection lag or loss at the Internet Service Provider (cloud customers)
- Connection lag or loss on the Local Area Network (LAN)
- Connection loss at the PC
- Third-party browser add on
- Anti-Virus scanning or malware program
- Uninstall third-party plug-ins.
- Reboot your computer.
- Check with your IT department for potential issues with the internet connection and/or speed
LobbyCentral does not auto-refresh the wait list
If the browser does not automatically update the wait and in-service lists, this indicates that the browser has lost or was unable to connect to the Push Notification service. This service is responsible for sending a message to the browser which tells the browser to reload the lists.
- Log out of LobbyCentral and back in. Verify that you see the "Connecting to" notification and that the connection status message says "Connected to /<companyID>".
- Verify with your IT department that the LobbyCentral service websites are not blocked by the firewall. The firewall should allow *.lobbycentral.com to pass.
- Verify that you are using a Supported Browser
- Log out of LobbyCentral and back in. Verify that you see the "Connecting to" notification and that the connection status message says "Connected to /locationX".
- If using LobbyCentral over SSL, you must override the Push Notification Service. Review this article for more information.