Is LobbyCentral HIPAA Compliant? (Notice of Disclaimer)
NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION COVERED ENTITIES UNDER HIPAA, 42 C.F.R. § 160, ET SEQ.
FUHR SOFTWARE DOES NOT COMPLY WITH HIPAA AND IS CURRENTLY NOT PREPARED TO ACT AS A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED UNDER HIPAA. IF YOU ARE A COVERED ENTITY UNDER HIPAA, WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES FOR THE PURPOSES OF PATIENT SIGN-IN OR ANY OTHER PURPOSE WHICH RESULTS IN THE USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE OR TRANSMISSION OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (“PHI”). FUHR SOFTWARE DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY AFFIRMATIVE DUTY TO LEARN WHETHER YOU ARE USING OUR SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE WHICH RESULTS IN THE USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE OR TRANSMISSION OF PHI; HOWEVER, IF LOBBYCENTRAL LEARNS THAT YOU ARE USING, DISCLOSING, STORING OR TRANSMITTING PHI BY USE OF THE SERVICES, WE WILL IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND THIS AGREEMENT. SHOULD YOU USE THE SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PHI, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FOR THE COST OF ANY BREACH, FINE AND/OR OTHER CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH ANY HIPAA VIOLATIONS.
AT THIS TIME, LOBBYCENTRAL DOES NOT COMPLY WITH HIPAA and may only be used for non-patient check-in as long as PHI ('protected health information') is not entered. For example, employee training center.
LobbyCentral may not be used be collect, store, or transmit protected health information including but not limited to:
- patient name
- patient billing
- lab results
- pharmacy orders
- patient health information with or without patient name
- any other protected health information (PHI) covered under HIPAA
Additional Terms and Conditions for LobbyCentral On-Premise (software installed on your server)
- LobbyCentral may not be used for patient check-in or to store or connect information that is defined as PHI (protected health information) by HIPAA
- Remote technical support assistance is not available to covered entities under HIPAA.
- We do not comply with HIPAA and will not enter into a Business Associate Agreement contract with you.
- We cannot access the software installed on your server or monitor your use of LobbyCentral, including the type of data being collected, stored, or transmitted.
- You are solely responsible for the safety and security of all data collected, transmitted, and stored by LobbyCentral.
- IF YOU USE LOBBYCENTRAL IN CONNECTION WITH PHI, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FOR THE COST OF ANY BREACH, FINE AND/OR OTHER CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH ANY HIPAA VIOLATIONS.
If you do not agree with these terms, you may not purchase, install, or use the LobbyCentral software.