Is LobbyCentral HIPAA Compliant? (Notice of Disclaimer)
LOBBYCENTRAL DOES NOT COMPLY WITH HIPAA AND IS CURRENTLY NOT PREPARED TO ACT AS A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED UNDER HIPAA. IF YOU ARE A COVERED ENTITY UNDER HIPAA, WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT USE THE SERVICE FOR THE PURPOSES OF PATIENT SIGN-IN OR ANY OTHER PURPOSE WHICH RESULTS IN THE USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE OR TRANSMISSION OF PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (“PHI”). LOBBYCENTRAL DOES NOT UNDERTAKE ANY AFFIRMATIVE DUTY TO LEARN WHETHER YOU ARE USING OUR SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE WHICH RESULTS IN THE USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE OR TRANSMISSION OF PHI; HOWEVER, IF LOBBYCENTRAL LEARNS THAT YOU ARE USING, DISCLOSING, STORING OR TRANSMITTING PHI BY USE OF THE SERVICE, WE WILL IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND THIS AGREEMENT. SHOULD YOU USE THE SERVICE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PHI, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FOR THE COST OF ANY BREACH, FINE AND/OR OTHER CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH ANY HIPAA VIOLATIONS.
The Service may not be used to collect, store, or transmit protected health information including, but not limited, to:
- patient name
- patient billing
- lab results
- pharmacy orders
- patient health information with or without patient name
- any other protected health information (PHI) covered under HIPAA
Additional Terms and Conditions for LobbyCentral On-Premise (software installed on your server)
- LobbyCentral may not be used for patient check-in or to store or connect information that is defined as PHI (protected health information) by HIPAA
- Remote technical support assistance is not available to covered entities under HIPAA.
- We do not comply with HIPAA and will not enter into a Business Associate Agreement contract with you.
- We cannot access the software installed on your server or monitor your use of LobbyCentral, including the type of data being collected, stored, or transmitted.
- You are solely responsible for the safety and security of all data collected, transmitted, and stored by LobbyCentral.
- IF YOU USE LOBBYCENTRAL IN CONNECTION WITH PHI, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FOR THE COST OF ANY BREACH, FINE AND/OR OTHER CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH ANY HIPAA VIOLATIONS.
If you do not agree with these terms, you may not purchase, install, or use the LobbyCentral software.