Using ExpressLobby for Appointment Check-In
How it Works
- "Insert Mobile Check-In link in Appointment emails" MUST be enabled in LobbyCentral, Administration > Apps - Mobile Check-in, in order for the check-in link to be generated in the customer email.
- If you use LobbyCentral Appointments for online scheduling, then you must also enable "Include Mobile Check-In Link in confirmation email (Available in Cloud Only)" in your LobbyCentral Appointments account by selecting Appointment Options in the menu, and then checking the appropriate box.
- Customer is informed about the mobile check-in through their appointment confirmation email.
- Customer clicks the Online Check-In button in the email to go to the check-in page, where they are asked if they are currently at the location for the appointment.
- If an appointment is found, the customer enters their mobile number to receive a text message when it is their turn. (Mobile check-in is currently available for customers with appointments only) **In a future update, walk-in customer check-in will be available, and will work as follows; If the customer does not have an appointment, it will check if walk-ins are allowed. If walk-ins are allowed, the customer is queued behind other waiting customers.
- The customer reviews and confirms the check-in, and waits in their car until it is their turn to enter the building.
- A user takes the next waiting customer from the queue, and a text message is sent to the customer with instructions to enter the building.
**Note** After the customer completes the check-in process the page will default back to https://www.msn.com/. If you would like to customize the default page, for example to your general website, you will need to enter the URL in System Options > Settings tab. See example below.