Installing SQL Express 2012 for LobbyCentral
These instructions will assist you with installing Microsoft SQL Server Express 2012 for use with LobbyCentral.
Note: SQL Server 2012 is recommended.
Downloading the Software
You can download SQL Express 2012 directly from Microsoft’s web site or from this URL:
Be sure to download the appropriate file for your server.
Installing SQL Express
- Double-click the installer to start the installation process.
- In Installation Center, click Installation from the menu on the left.
- Click New SQL Server stand-alone installation …
- After the check-list operation completes, click Install.
- After the 2nd check-list operation completes, click Next.
- For installation type, select Perform a new installation of SQL Server 2012.
- Click Next on the Product Key screen (options are disabled).
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- In Features, check Database Engine Services, click Next.
- In Instance Configuration, select Default Instance. Write down the Instance ID. You will need this when installing LobbyCentral.
- Click Next
- Click Next on Disk Space Requirements.
- Click Next on Server Configuration.
- On Database Engine Configuration, choose Mixed-Mode IMPORTANT!
- Enter a password for the administrator account. Write down this password which you will need when installing LobbyCentral.
- Click Add Current User.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Next on Installation Rules.
- Finally, click Install.
Information for Installing LobbyCentral
When you install LobbyCentral, you will be prompted for the database Server name and SA Password.
The database server name format is: <server name>\<instance ID>
For example: SERVER01\SQLEXPRESS
My servername is SERVER01 and the Instance ID is SQLEXPRESS from step 10.
The SA Password is the password you created in step 15.