Setting up LobbyView
To start displaying LobbyView widgets, you will need to create an Access key.
Creating an Access Key
- Log into LobbyCentral with an administrator account.
- In the menu, select Tools, Administration.
- In the administration menu, click Manage Widgets under LobbyView.
- Next to Access Key, click the Generate button.
After an Access Key is created, you can create widgets for use on your web site.
If you need to generate a new Access Key, click the Generate button. You can only have one active Access Key.
IMPORTANT! If you generate a new key, you must update your existing web pages. Only the LobbyView Script Reference uses the key and needs to be updated. Widget code is not affected when you change the key.
There are three components to a LobbyView widget:
- A div that will be replaced with the LobbyView data
- A JQuery call that retrieves the data and displays it inside the div
Creating a widget
- Start by clicking the Add Widget button.
- Fill in the display name and select a type.
- You can hide the Average Wait Time and Last Check-In Time by enabling those options.
If you do not have at least three weeks of data, it is recommended that you turn off Average Wait Time. While you can still use this feature, it may not be as accurate.
Adding a widget to a page
- Add a reference to jQuery 1.8 or higher.
- Copy the LobbyView Script Reference from the Widget Management page and add it after the jQuery reference.
- Create a DIV with a unique ID and insert it into the page where the LobbyView data should be displayed.
widgetId: The unique ID of the widget. This can be found on the Widget Management page.
divId: The ID of the DIV on the web page
In this example, the Downtown Campus widget has an id of 18469 and it will look for a DIV on the page with an id of 'lobbyView'.
Sample Web Page