Import Customer File (cloud)
If you need to import your customers to LobbyCentral Cloud, you may do so by following these guidelines. Please remember that your data file must conform to the file layout specifications detailed below.
Import Layout Specifications
- All columns are required. Pass an empty value for column field not used.
- File must be formatted as a comma delimited or tab delimited file. Do not qualify text fields with quotation marks.
- Fields may not contain ' (single quote).
- Field data cannot exceed indicated field length.
|Column Name||Type||Length or Comment|
|First Name (Required)||string||25|
|Last Name (Required)||string||25|
|Account ID Type||integer||Use a valid account type as defined in the Account Type Look-up table or pass 0 for no type.|
|Company Name (visitor center only)||string||100|
|Date of Birth||string||mm/dd/yyyy|
|SSN||string||No longer used - pass blank|
The import process will create a customer record, for each record in the file that does not exist in the LobbyCentral database. If the option to create a callback request is selected, a request will be created for all customers in your data-file.
Note: Maximum number of records that can be imported at one time is 500.
- File to Import: Click the Choose File button to select the file to import.
- Column Delimiter: Select whether it is comma or tab.
- Create a Callback Request: Unless you are creating a Help Desk to be used in-house, leave this information blank.
Importing Customer Files
Once your file is created, go to Tools > Administration > Import Customer File to upload the file.
- Select Choose File, and attach the file to import.
- Select Column Delimiter: Comma.
- Select Import File.