Merging Duplicate Customer Records (cloud)
When checking in an existing customer, the user must enter the exact spelling of the customer's full (or partial) name, phone number, or the Account ID in order for LobbyCentral to locate the Customer Record. If LobbyCentral does not recognize the name or ID entered, the user is prompted to create a new customer record.
Occasionally a user may discover a duplicate account for a customer. This can happen if a user, or customer made a typo, or incorrectly spelled the customer's name during a previous check-in. If this happens a new customer record is created.
If a duplicate record already exists for a customer, and that customer checks-in through the kiosk, LobbyCentral will continue creating a new record for the customer each time they check-in, because the system will not know which record to attach to that visit. For this reason, it is necessary to merge all duplicate records found for a customer, as soon as possible.
Merge Customer Records is located in the Tools section of LobbyCentral cloud.
Note: Do not run the merge tool for customer IDs that are assigned to a pending or in-service request.
Merging Customer Records
- Select Tools > Merge Customer Records from the menu bar.
- Enter the Name (or partial name), Phone number, Account ID, or Customer Number of the Primary Customer Record (The record to transfer all duplicate records to).
- Click Continue.
- If a list of customer records is populated, select the primary customer record that all other records will be merged into.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the Name (or partial name), Phone number, Account ID, or Customer ID of the Merging customer record(s).
- Check the box of every customer record to be merged into the primary customer record.
- Click Merge Records, and confirm.