After installing LobbyCentral on or upgrading an existing server to Windows Server 2016, users see the follow error message;
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid
This error is displayed when the Handlers section for a website is locked at the parent level. This disallows child applications from overriding Handlers.
To resolve this issue, you must unlock the Handler section on the Default Web Site:
- Open IIS and in the connections tree, go to the server node and then select Default Web Site
- In the right window you will see configuration editor under Management.
- Double click on the configuration editor.
- In the window that opens, on top you will find a drop down for sections. Choose system.webServer/handlers from the drop down.
- On the right side, there is another drop down. Choose ApplicationHost.Config
- On the right most pane, you will find Unlock Section under "Section" heading. Click on that.
Once the handlers at the applicationHost is unlocked, LobbyCentral should be accessible.