A Queue is a group of services, used to hold customers for a specific area. When a ticket is assigned to a queue, the members of that queue are notified.
- Go to Tools > Administration > Settings - Control Panel
- Select Queues.
- In Manage Queues, click New Queue.
- Enter the name of queue.
- Select the queue type (see below).
- Select the queue’s location.
- Leave the status set to Active.
- Click the Members tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select each user that will monitor and work this queue.
- Click the Services tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select each available service that will be assigned to this queue. Note: A queue requires at least one Available Service.
- Click Save.
LobbyCentral contains two types of queues, Customer and Work queues.
|Customer Queue||Used to hold walk-in customers for a location. Each location maintains its own set of queues to keep check-in requests isolated from other locations. A walk-in queue captures the total time the customer waited and the length of service.|
|Work Queue||A work queue is used for customers who are not present, or for situations where wait time is not applicable. For example, customers who email or call for assistance. A work queue will only track time spent with the customer. Wait-time is not tracked because the customer is not present at the location. Work queues do not require a location.|