Get started with Chromecast
- Purchase Chromecast from https://store.google.com. Some major retailers also sell Chromecast.
- Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port of the HDTV.
- Plug the USB cable into the charger and connect to a power outlet. You can also use HDTV USB port if one is available.
- Chromecast's welcome screen will display.
- Follow the instructions to set up Chromecast device.
- On a computer, download and install Google Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Chrome Web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore
- Download and install Chromecast
- Verify that the Chromecast icon appears in the browser toolbar before continuing
- Go to https://portal.lobbycentral.com and click App Menu
- Select QMonitor DS or QMonitor (Classic)
- Login to QMonitor
- Click the Chromecast icon and select your Chromecast device
Your Chromecast device name will be different than shown above. Your cast device should be the name that was created when you configured Chromecast for the first time.
Security Note: When configuring Chromecast, it will ask if you want to turn Guest Mode on or off. You should keep Guest Mode turned off to prevent customers from casting their devices. When Guest Mode is off, only devices connected to the same wi-fi network can cast. Therefore, you also want to make sure that your wi-fi is password protected. Do not use an open network.
HDTV Picture Size: If your TV has a picture setting, be sure to set the size to Native mode.