To do side by side testing, perform the following steps:
- Download LobbyCentral Update (not the full installer).
- Take a backup of the production database and restore it as lobbycentral_test.
- Run the LobbyCentralUpdate.msi on the new server. When prompted for the SQL credentials, use the lobbycentral_test database.
Even though you are installing the update version, it contains all the files needed to run LobbyCentral.
- Do not run LobbyCentralSetup.msi because it will attempt to create a new database.
- Do not run LobbyCentralUpdate.msi using your production database, as it will upgrade it and break the production web client.