The LobbyCentral Kiosk has the ability to print a check-in ticket that shows the customer's call out number. This feature is used in conjunction with the Call out Number option that is enabled in Kiosk Settings.
Call out numbers can be used in place of (or in conjunction with) a customer's name, for privacy when directing the customer to an employee. The call-out number and name, or just the call-out number, are displayed on QMonitor's screen.
The web kiosk requires the following components to use the ticket printing feature.
- DYMO Labelwriter series printer. (Model 450 recommended) A network printer is not supported.
- Roll of Continuous Paper. (DYMO part # 30270)
- DYMO Labelwriter software version 8 or higher, installed on kiosk PC.
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher with ActiveX enabled.
The kiosk can print a badge that contains the customer's name, and any custom fields that have been set up. For example, if you created a custom field called "Visitor Type" with the options of "Student or Parent", the badge will show the customer's check-in name, followed by "Visitor Type," and the value that was selected.
The paper type for badge printing is adhesive labels, DYMO stock #30857.
Setting Up a DYMO Label Printer
- Install the DYMO LabelWriter software version 8 or higher, and connect a DYMO LabelWriter printer to the PC functioning as the kiosk. *Note: Printing is not supported with iPad or Android devices.
- Start the LobbyCentral Kiosk.
- If prompted to allow the Sanford, L.P. plug-in, click Allow Access.
- Under Ticket Printing, select the DYMO printer to print tickets.
- Under Badge Printing, select the printer.
At this time, Twin DYMO printers are not supported.
Printing is accomplished by using an ActiveX control that is installed with the DYMO 8.4 Label Software package. If the ticket does not print, or if you receive an error message indicating that a DYMO printer was not found, be sure that the control is Enabled in Internet Explorer, and that ActiveX controls are allowed.
Verifying DYMO Active X Control Is Installed & Enabled
- In Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options.
- Select the Programs tab.
- Click Manage Add-Ons.
- Select All add-ons in the Show list.
- Select the plug-in named Plugin Class under Sanford, L.P.
- Verify that the status is enabled.
- If the control is disabled, click the Enable button.
- If you do not see a plug-in for publisher Sanford, L.P., you will need to re-install the DYMO Label 8.4 software.
Verifying Active X Controls Are Allowed
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level
- Scroll down until you see ActiveX Controls and Plug-Ins
- Verify Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins is set to Enable.
- If the Custom Level button is disabled, you will need to contact your IT department.