LobbyCentral Kiosk has the ability to print a check-in ticket or a visitor badge.
The web kiosk requires the following components to use the ticket printing feature.
- DYMO Labelwriter series printer (Model 450 recommended). A network printer is not supported.
- Roll of Continuous Paper for check-in tickets, (DYMO part # 30270). The paper type for badge printing is adhesive labels, DYMO stock #30857.
- DYMO Labelwriter software version 8.4 or higher, installed on kiosk PC.
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher, with ActiveX enabled (Note: Internet Explorer is the only supported browser at this time).
The check-in ticket is used in conjunction with QMonitor, to page a customer by number, in environments that prevent the customer’s name from being used. The printed check-in ticket shows the customer’s number, and is displayed in QMonitor when the customer is paged to the counter. To assign a call-out number to customers, Generate and Present Call-Out Number, must be enabled in Kiosk Settings.
Visitor badges may be printed and used to identify non-customers in your building. The web kiosk has the ability to print a Visitor Badge in both LobbyCentral modes: Customer Check-in/Check-out, and Visitor Sign-in/Sign-out.
NOTE** However, if LobbyCentral is being used in Customer Check-in/Check-out mode, customers may check-in using the kiosk, but visitors (non-customers) must check-in with a LobbyCentral User through the Visitor Center.
Setting Up a DYMO Label Printer
- Install the DYMO LabelWriter software version 8.4 or higher, and connect a DYMO LabelWriter printer, to the PC functioning as the kiosk. Note: Printing is not supported with iPad or Android devices.
- Start the LobbyCentral Kiosk.
- If prompted to allow the Sanford, L.P. plug-in, click Allow Access.
- Under Ticket Printing, select the DYMO printer to print tickets.
- Under Badge Printing, select the printer.
At this time, Twin DYMO printers are not supported.
Printing is accomplished by using an ActiveX control that is installed with the DYMO 8.4 Label Software package. If the ticket does not print, or if you receive an error message indicating that a DYMO printer was not found, be sure that the control is Enabled in Internet Explorer, and that ActiveX controls are allowed.
Verifying DYMO ActiveX Control Is Installed & Enabled
- In Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options.
- Select the Programs tab.
- Click Manage Add-Ons.
- Select All add-ons, in the Show list.
- Select the plug-in named Plugin Class, under Sanford, L.P.
- Verify that the status is enabled.
- If the control is disabled, click the Enable button.
- If you do not see a plug-in for publisher Sanford, L.P., you will need to re-install the DYMO Label 8.4 software.
Verifying ActiveX Controls Are Allowed
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level.
- Scroll down until you see ActiveX Controls and Plug-Ins.
- Verify Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins is set to Enable.
- If the Custom Level button is disabled, you will need to contact your IT department.
Note: The ticket printing function is not supported on Macintosh computers, iPads, or other mobile devices.