The Checked-In screen is divided into five main sections: Queues, My Status, My Appointments, pending requests (or wait queue), and In-Service list. See below for a breakdown of each section.
If a user is joined to more than one queue, an additional queue named All, is displayed at the top of the User's queue list. All displays the total number of customers, waiting in all of the user's assigned queues.
1a. If your system is configured for Customer, and Work queues, you will see two queue lists. The Customer Queue list will always be displayed first, followed by the Work Queue list.
- Customer Queues: A Customer Queue manages "walk-in" customers who are present at your location.
- Work Queues: A Work Queue manages customer service requests for customers who are not present at your location. For example, a Call Center.
Joining A Queue
- In the Queues section, click + Join Queue.
- Select the queue to join, and click Submit.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 until all assigned queues have been joined.
Note: This feature may be disabled by the Administrator. If the feature has been disabled, only an Administrator can join your account to a queue.
If the system admin has created and assigned Users to Agent Counters, an additional item named Counter Assignment, will be displayed in the Queues window.
Joining An Agent Counter/Window
- Click the link below Counter Assignment.
- Select your assigned counter.
- Click Submit.
Viewing Pending Requests
To view a list of pending requests, click the Queue name in Queues. If you are assigned to only one queue, all pending requests are automatically loaded. If you are assigned to more than one queue, and want to view a list of all customers currently waiting in your assigned queues, click All in Queues.
2. My Status
Alternatively, the In and Out buttons below the text box, provide a quick way to change your status to Out of Office, or Available. The Out button will change your status to Away with a message of "Out of Office". The In button will remove the message, and set your status to "Available".
For directions on changing your status, please see Changing User Status in the LobbyCentral cloud User Manual.
3. My Appointments
- To create an appointment select the New Appointment link (next to the Check-In button) on the Checked-In screen. Or click the Appointments tab and select New Appointment.
- To view appointments for a specified date range, location, or customer, click on Appointments in the Search menu at the top of the screen.
- To check-in an appointment click the Appointments tab, locate the customer, and select check-in.
- To edit an appointment click the Appointments tab, locate the customer, and select Edit.
For additional information on appointments, please see Creating & Managing Appointments in the LobbyCentral cloud User Manual.
4. Pending Requests / Wait Queue
Note: To view a list of waiting customers, you must be assigned, and joined to a queue.
Customers are listed in order of arrival, and should be taken out of the queue using the First-One In, First-One Out (FIFO) process. The administrator can enforce the FIFO rule to ensure that customers are taken in order of arrival. If FIFO mode is enabled, the system will prevent users from taking a customer out of turn unless:
- The User is taking a customer that is assigned to them.
- The next customer in line is waiting for a specific employee.
Note: You can only edit a request if you are the original creator or have supervisor or administrator rights.
If a customer is in the waiting list beyond a defined time limit, the customer record highlights in red, and a second alert is sent to users. The administrator controls the max wait time in the Administration section of LobbyCentral.
Pending tickets can also be color coded based on length of time waited. This overrides the default color of red when a customer's wait time exceeds the set location value. Up to three colors may be specified. Please see Settings in System Options of the LobbyCentral Cloud Admin manual, for more information on color coding.
Special Service Requests
If a customer requires one or more, special services, the user may select the service(s) required during the customer check-in process. An icon is displayed for each special request, below the customer's reason for visit, or service, in pending requests. Using the mouse, hover the cursor over the icon to view the Special Service description.
Example: Special Service requested for Spanish Speaking Employee
Hidden Service Detail
The administrator can elect to disable the service detail column. If the column is disabled, Hidden by Administrator is displayed in place of the visit reason, or service.
When the visit reason is disabled, it cannot be viewed until the user takes the customer. It can then be viewed in the service record.
Edit Pending Service Request
The Edit Service Request icon is located to the right of the customer’s elapsed wait time, and allows the customer to change or delete the details, of a pending request. While a request is being edited, it is removed from all users' displays. Please see Managing Pending & In-Service Requests in the LobbyCentral Cloud User Manual, for instructions on viewing or deleting pending requests.
5. In-Service List
For more information on service requests, please see Managing Pending & In-Service Requests in the LobbyCentral Cloud User Manual.